I frequently get asked about where people can rent canoes and kayaks, so I just added a new page of information to the “Paddling Resources & Links” section of my website. You can see the information in this blog post now, but it will be permanently located on the website as a separate page, as well, under the heading “Canoe/Kayak Rental Info”. As I get more information about places to rent, I will continue to add to this list.
SherriKayaks does not rent canoes and kayaks, although we do provide boats for most of our classes and trips. If you are looking to rent a canoe or kayak, listed below are the locations that I am currently aware of. Inclusion on this list does not imply any sort of endorsement on my part. If you know of other locations in Southeast Wisconsin and Northeast Illinois that offer canoe and kayak rentals, I would appreciate it if you would pass on the contact information for that business.
Potential renters should take the time to do some research before renting. Besides rental costs, ask questions like
- What makes and models of boats are available? (recreational or sea kayaks, length, width, stability, etc.)
- What additional accessories are included? (life jacket, paddle, sprayskirt, pump, paddle float, foam block carrier kits to transport the boat, etc.)
- What kinds of paddles are included in the rental? Is there an option to upgrade for additional cost?
- Do you require specific training before being allowed to rent?
- Is the outfitter located on the water? Will I need to transport the boat myself or can a shuttle be arranged?
Frame Park – located on the Fox River in Waukesha, WI. Recreational kayak rentals. Website: www.highrollerfunrentals.com
Laacke & Joys – Canoe, kayak, and SUP rentals are available at the Brookfield store, 19233 W. Bluemound Road. This store is not located on the water. Call 262-782-2960 for more information.
River Bend Nature Center – 3600 N. Green Bay Road, Racine, WI 53404. Located on the Root River. Canoe and recreational kayak rentals. Call 262-639-0930 for more information.
Sherper’s – 225 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Oconomowoc 53066. Call 262-567-6847 for more information. 5750 S. 108th Street, Hales Corners, WI 53130. Call 414-425-6888 for more information. Neither store is located on the water. Canoe and recreational kayak rentals.